We are currently seeking a Part time Facility Monitor. The shifts are Awake, Overnight 11pm-7am.
The only days available are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
The position pays $13.00 per hour and is considered essential-meaning snow days and holidays are required.
Resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls
Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Facility Monitor is a professional who assists with all phases of interior and exterior building/facilities maintenance, cleanliness, security, and safety.
Qualifications: Minimum of 2 years of related education/experience required. Prefer experience providing security, custodial, and/or maintenance, preferably in a social service and/or residential setting. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Prefer good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with diverse populations, and ability to work independently.
• Monitor and maintain facility including all aspects of janitorial, light maintenance, safety and security
• Security: Monitor facility, resident and staff security including visitors to the building. Guide residents and staff during fire or other emergency situations
• Light Maintenance: Assist with maintenance tasks as needed
• Custodial: Perform cleaning duties as required
• Monitor facilities operations and safety/security programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; make recommendations for improvement
• Interact with tenants, visitors and staff in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
• Establish and sustain positive working relationships with other Center staff and tenants
• Tour facilities frequently to assess conditions and take appropriate responsive and/or planning action to ensure the upkeep and security of living and working environments
• Work additional shifts as needed to cover absences or vacations
• Assist the Facilities Director as needed in maintenance and other special projects
General and Related Responsibilities:
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance with CGS 52-147k and the Center’s Confidentiality Policy Secure and maintain Certification Training as required
• Assist in agency operations as requested by the supervisor
• Participate in staff trainings/meetings
• Assist in fundraising and community awareness activities
• Record and compile statistics and reports as required
• Perform related duties as required and/or deemed necessary
This is a part-time, hourly position, non-exempt from wage/hour laws. Scheduling flexibility is a plus as the available hours will vary at times. Prudence Crandall Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is at will and no employment contract shall be construed from any action, document or statement of the employer.